Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

What is your apartment like?

Apartments can vary in quality. One clear advantage of rural Korea is that you get more living space than you would in Seoul or Busan. However, the apartments in Yeonggwang are rather old and dated. I have a 2-bedroom unit in an older building. I've seen several other teacher's apartments and most of them are a bit nicer than mine.

The view from outside.



From the living room looking at the kitchen and my bedroom.



The spare bedroom. The double closets are great. My laundry rack is to the right.



The bathroom.



The bathroom - It has a bath tub, which is rare.



The kitchen. It has a double gas burner range and very limited counter space.



The kitchen. I bought the shelves for 70,000 Won. The door you see goes to a small back balcony that houses the oil tank and water heater.



My bedroom - the bed.



My bedroom - the desk.



The living room. The green pad on the sofa is an electric heater that I used a lot in the winter. I also had one for my bed.



The washing machine - no one has a dryer.



The kitchen as I found it on my first day.



The bedroom as I found it on my first day.



The bedroom as I found it on my first day.



The living room as I found it on my first day.



The living room as I found it on my first day.



Sealed up for the winter: The door to the back balcony.



Sealed up for the winter: I put some foam over the front door.



Sealed up for the winter: I covered the sliding glass doors to keep in more heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment