Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

'yeonggwang south korea'

ESL TEACHERS: If you go to Google and search on 'yeonggwang south korea' you won't find a whole lot about Yeonggwang. Yeonggwang (sometimes spelled Yeongwang on job websites) is a small town (I've heard that the population is about 35,000). I've attached some pictures that I took around town so that you can have a better idea of what it looks like. The Yeonggwang ESL community includes jobs in the surrounding towns of Baeksu, Hongnong, and Beopseong.

In case you were wondering about the name of this website, The Korean word Yeonggwang translates to 'glory' so I borrowed the name from The Battle Hymn Republic.

As a reminder, if you have questions about Yeonggwang and would like to contact me, please email me directly. My email address is jleonard518 AT gmail DOT com. You can also email Tony - vikton AT msn DOT com. Please put something like 'questions about Yeonggwang' in the subject line. Thanks, Jim.

Views from the pagoda:




A fellow teacher sent me this picture. This is the view from the 16th floor of the Sajik Sky apartment building.



This pretty well captures how quickly downtown Yeonggwang transitions to farmland.



The view from the hill next to the Sajik Sky apartments.




This was taken on the road to Baeksu. Make no mistake, this is a rural farm town.


You see this kind of farm equipment all over town.


Random pictures on the streets of downtown.








































No comments:

Post a Comment