Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

What's the dress code at school?

A WEBSITE FOR ESL TEACHERS:

One of the benefits of teaching in a rural area is that the dress code is much more relaxed. When I took the job the placement agency told me to bring khakis and collared shirts. I knew that a coat and tie wouldn't be necessary. By the end of my second week the business casual clothes went into the closet in favor of jeans and sweatshirts. I wish I had known this because I could have packed a lot less clothing.

Another thing to remember is that most Koreans don't have large wardrobes so you won't look strange wearing the same outfit three times a week. At the middle schools and high schools the students wear uniforms so they will notice even less. So basically, pack light.

No comments:

Post a Comment