Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

'weather yeonggwang south korea'

ESL TEACHERS: If you go to Google and search on 'weather yeonggwang south korea' you will see a 4-day forecast. Unfortunately, it doesn't give much detail, but it is better than nothing. I'm also not entirely sure how accurate the temperature reading is from Google. I say that because it will often post a range for the day like 37F to 48F with a current temperature of 52F.

As far as the weather, I have only been here for the winter and the colder part of spring. I have lived through seven Chicago winters and it's not nearly as bad as that was, but it does get cold and there is a decent amount of wind at times. As far as I can remember from this past winter we got pretty close to the freezing mark every day. Some nights the windchill would definitely bring it down into the teens.

Koreans often say that 'Korea has four distinct seasons'. This is true, but I'm still waiting for the heart of spring to arrive. We haven't been below freezing in several weeks, but I'm still wearing a jacket every day. From what I have been told, the summers are rather hot and humid.

As a reminder, if you have questions about Yeonggwang and would like to contact me, please email me directly. My email address is jleonard518 AT gmail DOT com. You can also email Tony - vikton AT msn DOT com. Please put something like 'questions about Yeonggwang' in the subject line. Thanks, Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment