Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

My 1-month bonus

My monthly salary has been 2,500,000 Won. This includes:

1) a base of 2,200,000
2) 200,000 for being in a rural area
3) 100,000 for teaching at two schools

About a week before my departure I was told my bonus will be 2,472,520 Won. They have some funny math that they use to determine the amount of the bonus. All that I could understand was that it depended on the number of days in the month(s). I long ago stopped asking questions. Sorry DD, I'm sure this is completely wrong but I'm too busy to worry about 27,480 Won.

My school asked me to fill out the form you see below. I thought it was a bit funny especially since I am both the applicant and the 'retiree' so I had to enter my name in both sections. The 'registration number' was my ARC number and I was able to remind them that they already had my bank account information (since they pay me every month).

My "Application for Severance Pay"


The other odd thing is that I arrived on Nov. 30, 2009 but they have my contract start date as December 1st. That doesn't matter one bit to me but I received an email from the Yeonggwang Education Office stating that "your final workday of november(30th) will be register on sick trip in administration network system for convenience." I don't think I'll see any of this paper work but I think it could have been avoided if they had stated my contract dates starting November 30, 2009 and ending November 29, 2010.

I was originally told that I would not receive the bonus, apartment deposit and my airfare reimbursement until November 29th. I explained that I would need some time to get to the bank on the 29th so it would be easier to get the money on Friday (11/26). My principal agreed. Then when I turned the severance form the office administration woman suggested I would get that money on my last pay day (11/25). We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

  1. Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virtual offices Poole-We offer virtual offices poole, office to rent poole & rent an office poole. Competitive rates on meeting rooms for those all important face to face meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for sharing such a beautiful article.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete