Search This Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

Things to bring

You can get almost everything you need in Korea now thanks to Costco and Homeplus. Even at the NongHyup market you can find toothpaste, tampons, sunscreen and multi-purpose contact lens solution. However there are a few things you ought to consider bringing along.

Multi-purpose cleaning solution is available but I could not find saline solution.


I think it's always a good idea to travel with an eye mask and ear plugs. You can find the earplugs here and probably an eye mask too but you'll probably want them for the flight over.


Here's my white noise machine. My building is fairly loud so this has been very helpful. It cost about $20 at Bed, Bath & Beyond.


A power converter. Korea runs on 220 voltage. I use my converter to recharge my US cell phone (which I use as an alarm clock) and my digital camera. I also use it to operate my white noise machine.


My cousin sent me a splitter so that I can charge my cell phone and run the white noise machine at the same time.


Here's how it looks when it's all plugged in.


If you can find deodorant here it will be VERY expensive. This is one item that is really hard to get. I hit Costco before I came over here and brought 25 of these with me. Looking at my remaining supply I think 20 would have been sufficient.


Being around children all day you are bound to get sick. You can get cold medication over here but I'm partial to my favorite brands when I am sick.


No comments:

Post a Comment