Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The NongHyup Market

This is the NongHyup market. If you're not quite sure where it is located follow the directions in the post above (A helpful store for household stuff).


Below are some pictures of individual food items and some shots of the market. I'm not trying to document all of the food products available in Yeonggwang. However, I do think it's helpful to have a glimpse of how things look over here. Hopefully it will make you more comfortable knowing that some familiar food are available and lessen your culture shock.

Frozen pork patties. I use these in stir fry.


Some produce. There are plenty of fresh vegetables.


A bottle of mokoki (rice wine). I don't drink it all the time, but it's not bad.


Green tea. I always keep some in my fridge.


Milk. I buy green caps. They have red caps (whole, I assume) and blue caps too.


My preferred breakfast cereal.


Bleach. I think Clorox is stamped on the bottle somewhere.


Female teachers always ask if tampons can be found in Korea. This is what they stock at NongHyup. I would assume that the selection is better at E-mart and HomePlus.


Ok, you can't find this in Yeonggwang but I'm getting lazy about where I post pictures. This is the coffee that I get from Costco. It;s roasted by Starbucks and it's MUCH cheaper than any other coffee you can get.


INSIDE THE NONGHYUP MARKET

This rack holds the garbage bags. I point this out specifically because it took me a long time to find them. It's up front near the check out stands.


This is in the far back left corner. On the top shelf they have boneless chicken breasts. They are really lean and not very expensive. I buy them frequently.


Some additional pictures.




















No comments:

Post a Comment