Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Trash & recycling

The Koreans do have a recycling program. It varies a little from building to building. I buy large 50-liter trash bags for my recycling materials. The actual trash bags are clear/frosted plastic. The bags specifically for recycling are pink. Here's one odd thing that I haven't been able to figure out. You can't buy the recycling bags, but they had you two of them when you but a bundle of ten trash bags. (insert your confused look here). Anyhow, I used both kinds for my recycled materials.

When I take the trash out I put the bag next to the other recycled materials. I figure that's a good faith effort, since they won't sell me the bags I'm supposed to use. Oh, if you're at the big market downtown, the trash bags are on a rack up by the checkout area. I kept looking for them near the tin foil, paper cups, food bags, etc.

This is the garbage area at KOPEC. I put household trash in the large black bin. I have no idea what the two tall bins on the left are for.


This is the recycling area. I place my full bags here where you see the two pink recycling bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment