Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Don't take the wrong bus

I'm at a disadvantage when it comes to catching my bus in the morning. The bus routes are denoted by cards in the bus windows and they aren't very easy to read from a distance. Therefore, the only way I can catch my bus is to start waving a the driver when it's about 80 yards away. This works well when the buses are running on time.

On two occasions (both when it was snowing) the 8:15 AM bus was running late. It came through the intersection around 8:25 AM which is when my bus normally shows up. So, I got on the wrong bus. If this happens to you, the bus will turn off the main road at the point you see below. Both times I immediately hit the button to be let off the bus. One time a teacher from my school picked me up, the other time I made it back to the main road in time to catch my normal bus.

This is where the bus turn (right) of the main road.


This is the store located where the bus turns. This is where you stand when you walk back to catch the regular bus.


The wrong bus turns down the road between the signs (left) and the woman you see standing by the store (right).

No comments:

Post a Comment