Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Yeonggwang city buses

ESL TEACHERS: Many teachers can walk to their schools but some of us have to take a bus. I don't like the city buses very much. They are old and they all have manual transmissions so they jolt back and forth a lot when the driver changes gears. I was pleasantly surprised learn recently that they do have air conditioning. On July 1, 2010 the base fair went up from 1,000 Won to 1,100 Won. I'm not sure if they adjusted all fares though. I seem to be still paying 1,300 Won to get to Baeksunam Elementary and 1,200 Won to get home.

When I go to school in the morning I pay as I'm stepping off the bus. When I go home in the afternoon I pay as I board the bus. I have no idea why they do it that way.

The Yeonggwang city buses are yellow and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment