Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

School lunches

Most ESL teachers are expected to eat lunch in the school cafeteria. The schools will typically charge you about 3,000 Won a day for your lunch (deducted from your paycheck). In general I'd say the food is OK. There is always rice, some vegetable side dishes, and soup. There is some meat/protein but not a lot. I can certainly say that the food is fresher and healthier than 99% of the school lunches served back in the United States.

Oddly enough, I like the cafeteria food more than a lot of the restaurant food in the area. That's probably because the food is simple since it's meant for kids. However, there are several items that come up on the lunch menu that I do not like. When that happens I fall back on the rice.

As a reminder, if you have questions about Yeonggwang and would like to contact me, please email me directly. My email address is jleonard518 AT gmail DOT com. Please put something like 'questions about Yeonggwang' in the subject line. Thanks, Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment